Cambridge Education’s Educator Effectiveness program provides states, schools, and districts with the tools to design and implement an effective evaluation system. We work in partnership with teachers and administrators to develop a rigorous and transparent solution that is customized to meet the individual needs of schools and districts.
Our program includes coaching administrators to provide constructive feedback which empowers effective teaching, and results in enhanced learning outcomes for all students.
Cambridge Education provides services that are framework neutral and can be customized to meet individual school needs. Our services include:
- Technical assistance and support to review existing evaluation systems, to build on what is already in place.
- Training to improve quality and reliability of classroom observations.
- Coaching administrators and peer evaluators in key skills, such as:
- selective lesson scripting
- triangulating evidence
- using rubrics to make accurate judgments
- pre- and post-lesson conferencing
- providing effective feedback which enables actionable change
- Training to ensure observers are able to identify and gather evidence of learning through multiple measures.
- Calibrating judgments made by local evaluators and implementing quality assurance systems.
- Building inter-rater reliability and inter-rater agreement through group training and individual coaching.
- Gathering and analyzing administrator, teacher, and student perceptions through surveys.
- Building local capacity to ensure high quality feedback and professional development is delivered to teachers and principals.
- Delivering, supporting, and monitoring the implementation of improvement strategies across classrooms, schools, and districts.
- Providing ongoing support to schools and districts to ensure consistency over time.
Click here to download our flyer on Educator Accountability (PDF, 1 MB)